Here’s your chance to take the next step in your career or showcase your health communications expertise. ICF Next is seeking a Senior Health Communications Manager, to lead a multifaceted NIH communications support contract with an emphasis on strategic scientific communications and media services. If you have experience leading a diverse team and activities supporting media relations, social media engagement, communications planning, special events and exhibits, and creative product development, then you just may be who we’re looking for.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo! Learn more at ICFNext.com!
We’re currently hiring for a Senior Health Communications Manager in our Rockville, MD location.
- Provide leadership and team management in a range of areas, including communications planning, media relations, issues management, digital communications, product development, internal agency communications, and stakeholder outreach.
- Serve as an advisor to NIH, guiding strategic discussions and problem solving particularly related to integration and implementation of media, digital, and other strategies aimed at increasing awareness and utilization of client resources and materials
- Guide teams in creating innovative and impactful communications solutions
- Oversee budget and resource allocations
- As a corporate leader, oversee business development and proposal efforts
- Work collaboratively across other groups within ICF to leverage capabilities, talent, and knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in health communications, public health, or equivalent required; Master’s degree highly preferred.
- 12+ years of experience managing health communications contracts for NIH in a consulting firm or agency
- Demonstrated experience in strategic communications and media outreach related to public health programs and issues
- Experience managing contract budgets and diverse teams
- Demonstrated success in new business and proposal development for health communications in an agency or consulting firm
- Experience managing people and working collaboratively across an organization
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational skills, and ability to interface effectively with all levels of the company and client.
- Strong communications implementation skills, detail, and deadline-oriented.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and able to monitor and support projects in a timely manner.
- Strong project management, negotiation, strategic thinking, and analytical skills.
- Ability to think creatively and provide innovative solutions to clients’ communications challenges/problems.
- Ability to plan and manage budgets for multiple tasks.
Please apply through this link https://www.icf.com/careers/jobs/R1902262