WASHINGTON, D.C., Aug. 26, 2019 – The Public Relations Society of America’s National Capital Chapter has announced the finalists for its annual Thoth Awards. Now in its 51st year, the Thoth Awards -- named after the Egyptian god of communication -- recognize public relations and communications professionals in the greater Washington area for their exemplary work.
Awards will be presented on Sept. 27 during a luncheon at the National Press Club. These include Program awards that recognize the best campaigns of the year and Component awards that recognize specific tactics.
“Each year, I am inspired by the exceptional creativity and ability of public relations professionals showcased at the Thoth Awards,” said PRSA-NCC President Stacy Hope. “This year’s finalists truly represent the best and the brightest of our area’s communications professionals, and I look forward to congratulating them in person at our luncheon on September 27.”
PRSA-NCC will also honor the 2019 Hall of Fame inductees during the Thoth Awards Luncheon. The Hall of Fame recognizes long-time professionals who have consistently demonstrated superior commitment to the field of public relations.
Tickets for the luncheon are now available. Early bird pricing is available (PRSA-NCC members/retirees $75, Students $45, non-members $95) until Sept. 13 and then pricing will increase $20 for members and non-members. The event will be held from 11:00 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the National Press Club; tickets are available at https://www.prsa-ncc.org/51st-annual-thoth-awards-luncheon.
- The American Cleaning Institute and BRG Communications
- American Farm Bureau Federation and National Farmers Union
- The American Gaming Association
- American Psychological Association and Vanguard Communications
- AmeriHealth Caritas District of Columbia and Vanguard Communications
- Avadel and JPA Health Communications
- Brady, Ad Council, Droga5
- Crosby Marketing Communications and SAMHSA
- Eddy Alexander and Acuity, Inc.
- DAV (Disabled American Veterans) and Crosby Marketing Communications
- Howard University Office of University Communications
- JPA Health Communications
- The Leapfrog Group and JPA Health Communications
- The Long & Foster Companies
- Medicines360 and JPA Health Communications
- Milestone Pharmaceuticals and JPA Health Communications
- National Apartment Association
- The National Press Club and Vanguard Communications
- National Treasury Employees Union Public Relations Department
- Pet Food Institute
- Proof Strategies & Call2Recycle
- Raffetto Herman Strategic Communications with Intel Corp.
- Raffetto Herman Strategic Communications with McAfee
- Society of NeuroInterventional Surgery and Vanguard Communications
- Virginia Department of Transportation Northern Virginia District
- The Virginia Lottery with Padilla
- Virginia Wine and Padilla
About PRSA’s National Capital Chapter
The National Capital Chapter of PRSA (PRSA-NCC) is a professional public relations association of approximately 1,100 members in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan region. PRSA-NCC provides professional development programs, accreditation instruction, networking and contributions to a local nonprofit. PRSA-NCC also promotes public relations education through five area Public Relations Society of America student chapters. For more information, please visit www.prsa-ncc.org or call (703) 691-9212. Connect with us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @PRSA_NCC with #PRSANCC and #thoth2019.