The American Academy of PAs (physician assistants) is looking for a Manager, Social Media. The Manager, Social Media, will cross-functionally support communications and marketing to increase revenue and drive growth, and to maximize impact for AAPA, CHLM, and JAAPA. The Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of AAPA, CHLM and JAAPA’s social media platforms and assists with other external communications. The Manager works to ensure clear, consistent and strategic messaging is implemented across all social digital platforms and continually tested for optimization. The Manager, Social Media, joins a fun, collarborative and creative Communications team of 7. AAPA is located near the Eisenhower metro stop in Alexandria.
S/he should be goal-oriented, possess strong organizational skills, top-notch writing and editing skills and be detail-oriented. Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or related field required.
- Five to eight years, minimum, of professional experience coordinating and managing social media, communications, marketing and writing and editing for an organization or entity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with attention to detail and commitment to quality deliverables.
- Keen understanding of incorporating an organization’s core messaging into content for social media, websites and media relations.
- Professional experience with content management systems such as Hootsuite Enterprise and WordPress.
- Experience in Eloqua and/or other marketing automation platform preferred.
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices.
- Professional experience with project management software, including Basecamp, Sharepoint, TeamWork, etc.
- Professional experience with design software such as Adobe Suite and CANVA.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects independently, change direction when needed and provide deliverables under tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated problem solver who is comfortable in a fast-paced setting and accountable for the success of key projects.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work well independently, on a team and with internal and external clients.
The job is posted here.