Online Registration has closed, but you are welcome to walk-in and register.
The Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) is a professional development and certification program that strengthens skills in the strategic practice of Public Relations.
The PRSA-National Capital Chapter (NCC) understands the key to success for enabling candidates to achieve their APR goal on-time and within budget.
We begin the APR process with a preview course called Jump Start, which offers an introduction to APR and APR+M (for military Public Affairs practitioners) required knowledge, skills and abilities. This half-day course is taught by seasoned APRs and focuses on the two components of the examination process including the panel presentation and computer- based examination.
Additional professional development for APR services include two-hour deep-dive seminars on how-to structure and present your case study to a panel as well as core knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA) topics held on selected topics.
NCC also offers free coaching, study-buddy coordination, mock panel presentation practice and a practice session on taking the computer based examination.
- 8:30-9:00 a.m. | Light breakfast and coffee, Introduction to APR Process
- 9:00-9:15 a.m. | Welcome; Review of NCC Resources
- 9:10-9:45 a.m. | Leading the PR Function
- 9:45-10:45 a.m. | RPIE in a Nutshell: Research, Planning, Implementation & Evaluation
- 10:45-11:45 a.m. | Understanding Communication Models & Theories, History of the Profession
- 11:45-12:00 p.m. | Break
- 12:00-12:45 p.m. | Applying Ethics, Law & Regulatory Affairs
- 12:45-1:15 p.m. | Managing Relationships and Managing Issues and Crisis Communications
- 1:15-1:30 p.m. | Next Steps for Candidates
Cost ( Includes a printed study guide, study group support and study tools)
Early Bird: (deadline is Oct 5)
$85 PRSA Member
After Oct 5
$105 PRSA Member
Re-take*: $39 (for those who paid for previous Jump Start and materials)
1714 N Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036
: Metro Red line to Dupont Circle, take the south exit then it’s a 5 minute walk
Driving: There is metered street parking or several nearby parking garages - the closest one is at 1717 Rhode Island Ave. NW (St Matthew's Center Garage)
Contacts for more information
Susan Whyte Simon, APR, Fellow PRSA at firstname.lastname@example.org, 240/994-6541.
Karin Drinkhall, APR at Karin.email@example.com, 202/594-6424
Scott Elmore, APR, at SElmore@airportscouncil.org, 301/676-3304