About Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare
Concerned about the conditions of the hospital where his sick pastor was being treated, Mississippi planter John Sherard dreamed of building a hospital that would provide excellent care for patients.
Today, Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare(MLH) is an integrated, not‐for‐profit healthcare system based in Memphis, Tennessee, with locations and partners across the Mid‐South. Throughout our history, we have remained affiliated with the United Methodist Church. Our faith inspires us to serve our patients and improve the health of our entire community.
We’re committed to creating an environment that values the individual differences and unique contributions of everyone touched by our organization. And because no one knows our patients better than their family and friends, we encourage their participation in care and planning.
Through our partnership with the University of Tennessee Health Science Center, we help train the next generation of medical professionals and bring cutting‐edge research and treatment to our patients. We seek affiliations with community organizations and congregations who work with our underserved neighbors, because we believe that everyone should receive the best possible care.
Check out some wonderful patient stories that show what Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare is all about.
Vice President, Marketing & Communications Role
The Vice President of Marketing & Communications will contribute to business success by establishing strategic direction for a proactive and transformational communications and marketing program that is fully integrated with the business strategy. He/she will collaborate across departments in order to shape an enterprise program that enhance brand positioning
and manages our reputation with internal and external stakeholders. He/She will be responsible for the integration and consistency of communications initiatives and messages across a diverse range of stakeholders including c‐suite, corporate relations, human resources and senior executives. He/She will serve as the principal strategic communications counsel to all levels of the organization, especially senior leadership. He/She will lead communicators to drive all aspects of the marketing and communications function, including media relations, crisis communications, leadership communications, corporate reputation, employee communications and digital and social communications. He/She will model and act in accordance with Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare mission, vision, and values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Vice President, Marketing & Communications will perform the following duties:
- Lead the development and execution of integrated strategic marketing and communications strategy.
- Integrate innovative technologies, data and analytics platforms and communications tools into the marketing and communications strategy.
- Drive the development of a key messaging platform that ensures clear, cohesive and consistent communications across the organization.
- Elevate a leadership communications strategy to effectively position the CEO and executive team as thought leaders and experts on important and relevant healthcare topics.
- Develop, execute and monitor marketing strategies for short and long‐term growth.
- Lead marketing & communications and market research for the healthcare system.
- Serve as key member of the executive leadership team.
- Lead brand positioning and image management through measurable marketing and communications campaigns that are supported by market research. Leverage digital media and exceptional employee communications and media relations to drive results.
- Establish goals and metrics to drive individual performance and accountability and measure progress.
- Building collaborative relationships across departmental lines and at various levels of the organization.
- Ensure that key stakeholders are well informed and engaged.
- Creative, results‐oriented and strategic mindset with a track record of success rigorously testing and implementing new ideas.
- Exceptional skill crafting top notch communication content that ensures factual accuracy, high quality standards and consistent messaging.
- Proactive and reactive planning
- Identifying external crisis management/communications team
- Impeccable oral and written communications skills for delivering clear and cohesive writing.
- Proven ability to successfully build and lead a high‐performance team.
- Results‐oriented with demonstrated success building strategies to successfully achieve organization’s objectives and goals.
- Working collaboratively.
- Creative and innovative solutions to problems.
- Proactive approach towards solving problems and anticipating them.
- Ability to manage changes seamlessly in a fast‐paced environment with competing deadlines.
- Adept providing expert counsel to senior executive leadership.
- Executive poise and presence.
- Proven conflict resolution skills in a diplomatic manner.
- Foster positive and constructive relationships both internally and externally with key stakeholders, civic and legal community leaders.
- On the pulse and keeping up with broad industry trends.
- Possesses high standard of integrity, credibility and business ethics.
- Passionate about the mission, vision, and values and Power of One culture of Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare .
- Establishes and communicates a compelling and inspired vision, creates competitive winning strategies and plans, ensures department strategies are aligned with company strategies.
- Develops a positive, respectful, productive and professional work environment.
- Open and transparent communications about process and progress.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or a related field.
- Advanced degrees in business administration (MBA) and public health (MPH) welcomed.
- Minimum of 10 years’ professional experience in the marketing or communications field, agency, corporate or otherwise.
- Minimum of five years of consecutive leadership experience.
- Insights regarding marketing techniques and theory preferred.
Mr. Kim L. Hunter
Office: 323.469.8680 ext. 225
Ms. Shamara Carney
Special Projects Associate
Office: 323.469.8680 ext. 230