What Are the Thoth Awards?
Named for the Egyptian god of communication, the Thoth (pronounced “tot”) Awards recognize the outstanding strategic public relations programs and components developed and produced in the Greater Washington, D.C. area. Achievements are recognized in 30 categories, including:
- 14 Program categories that celebrate the best PR campaigns
- 9 Component categories that highlight top accomplishments in PR tactics
- The prestigious Institute of Public Relations Research, Measurement and Evaluation Award (Entries in this category will be judged by the Institute for Public Relations)
- We also have 7 Agency & Communication Team Awards
The Public Relations Society of America’s National Capital Chapter (PRSA-NCC) sponsors the annual Thoth competition to recognize and reward outstanding achievement in public relations and to encourage continued excellence in the field.
Thoth Call for Entries Now Open!
STANDARD FEES: Must be received by Friday, July 1st
- $180 for Component entries
- $200 for Program, IPR Award, and PR Agency and Communication Team Award entries
- $135 for PRSA-NCC IPRA Members and First-time Submitters
- $230 for Component entries
- $250 for Program, IPR Award, and PR Agency and Communication Team Award entries
Here's How to Get Started
To enter, go to the online entry portal and create an account if you don't already have one.
All entries must be submitted digitally through our online award management software program. Hard copy entries are no longer accepted.
First time Entering? You may be eligible for a discount. Contact Sabrina Kidwai at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Need Some Help?
- View previous entries of past winners, using the links on the left side of this page.
- You can download the podcast, "How to Create an Award-Winning Thoth Application and Showcase Your Success". An expert panel will guide you through the submission process and equip you with insider tips that will make your submission shine.
Awards are given for the best PR campaigns and top accomplishments in PR tactics in categories including:
- Communication Team, Non Profit Communication
- Community Relations
- Crisis Communication
- Events and Observances (seven or fewer days)
- Events and Observances (more than seven days)
- External Video
- Global Communications
- Independent Public Relations Practitioners and Small Independent Firms' Media Relations Programs and/or Campaigns
- Integrated Communcations
- Integrated Media Relations: Campaigns on Budget Less than $25,000
- Integrated Media Relations: Campaigns on Budget of $25,000 and up
- Internal Communications
- Internal Video
- Large PR Agency of the Year
- Media Relations - Business
- Media Relations - Government
- Media Relations - Non-Profit/Association
- Multicultural Public Relations
- New PR Agency of the Year
- Pro Bono Public Relations
- Public Affairs
- Public Service
- Public Service Announcements
- Publications: Print
- Reputation/Brand Management
- Social Media
Registration Opening Soon for the 51st Annual Thoth Awards Lunchion
September 27, 2019
Winners will be recognized at the Thoth Awards Luncheon and Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony on Friday, September 27, 2019 at the National Press Club.
More details and event registration coming soon!
Congratulations to all of the 2018 Thoth Winners.
Eddy Alexander and the Roanoke Valley Broadband Authority received the Thoth Best in Show award for their David vs. Goliath and Friends of Municipal Broadband campaign. The Roanoke Valley Broadband Authority, a local government-run internet provider, was blindsided by proposed legislation that would eliminate its ability to operate in Virginia. They had recently launched a $4M network and had not recouped the taxpayer investment. They had no funding set aside for public relations and government affairs. The campaign used creative issues management techniques to defeat the proposed legislation.