Susan Davis International, an award-winning event and public relations firm headquartered in Washington D.C., is seeking a Special Event Coordinator. The Special Events Coordinator will assist the Director of Events and Special Projects on developing, planning, and executing conferences, meetings, galas, receptions, ceremonial, and other special events.
Applicants should be versed in event management, client management, venue management, production coordination, hotel room blocks, vendor management, and contract negotiation.
This role requires an enthusiastic, proactive individual who is an outstanding communicator with the ability to deliver incredible customer service, collaboration, leadership, and team development. Must be an energetic go-getter with killer organizational skills and interest in building a career in events.
What You’ll Need and What You Should Be
- Bachelor’s degree in event management field is preferred
- 4-6 years’ experience supporting events management
- Energetic team-player, with a customer-service mindset
- Excellent communicator with strong organizational skills
- Ability to think strategically, quickly come up with creative solutions in real time
- Savvy in special events technology
- Experience with high profile political, cause related or military events that involved the White House/diplomatic/VIP/Celebrity participants
- Strong background supporting and planning conferences
- Strong attention to detail and diligence in project management
- Self-starter, willing to take responsibility with confidence
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, agile environment
This position requires occasional travel.
1101 K St., NW, Suite 400
Washington, D.C. 20005
Please send resume to Martha MacPhee at firstname.lastname@example.org.