Responsible for assisting and coordinating plans with senior level management and conducting public relations programs designed to create and maintain a favorable public image for the company. Plans and directs development and communication of information designed to keep public informed of Company’s programs, accomplishments, or point of view. Organizes a significant flow of work and meets appropriate deadlines while representing the organization. Develops financial and operational objectives. Ensures operational plans are aligned with business objectives. Contributes to functional strategy development. Has a greater degree of impact on business results, and typically manages one or more groups of professional employees.
Responsible for development of public relations plans and strategies that facilitate communication of the organization’s message to internal and external public.
Primary focus will be on external communications/ media relations supporting the company’s Beltway Region, which is comprised of 12 Designated Market Areas (DMAs), including Baltimore, Richmond and Washington, D.C.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
• Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
• Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
• Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
• Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
• Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
• Drive results and growth
• Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
• Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
• Reviews fact sheets, news releases, photographs, scripts, motion pictures, or audio recordings to media representatives and other persons who may be interested in learning about or publicizing company’s activities or message.
• Promotes goodwill through such publicity efforts as speeches, exhibits, films, tours, and question/answer sessions.
• Represents, coordinates and supervises public relations activities that facilitate communication of the organization's message to internal and external publics.
• Delegates activities/projects among less experienced assistants to ensure timely results; monitors progress and provides guidance as appropriate.
• Serves as liaison with PR agencies, news agencies, event organizers, to ensure project goals are met and timetable/budget parameters are kept.
• Writes/edits significant internal and external communications pieces including management speeches and parts of annual reports.
• Focuses direction and efforts on understanding what audience is to be reached and with what message.
• Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
• Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Ability to travel across Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia and Washington, D.C., as needed
• Hybrid experience working in a public relations agency and for an in-house communications team
• Skilled company spokesperson; comfortable and experienced in conducting media interviews
• Proficient experience developing and executing company-focused social media content utilizing Twitter, Company Blogs, Instagram, etc.
• Experience managing direct reports
• Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
The position can be based in either the Region’s headquarters in the Locust Point neighborhood of Baltimore City or Greenbelt, MD