American Nurses Association
The public relations specialist implements and evaluates integrated communications campaigns targeted to a range of stakeholders and key audiences. S/he is responsible for proactive and reactive media relations activities and produces a wide range of communications for internal and external audiences on time-sensitive topics. S/he maintains a comprehensive understanding of ANA Enterprise policy, issues and programs and keeps informed of external news and trends relevant to ANA Enterprise organizations to promote such efforts and respond effectively.
Baccalaureate in journalism, communications or public relations required; Extensive course work and/or post-graduate degree in one of the following areas desirable: journalism, health services, and/or public health.
Related Work Experience
Must have 4 years of relevant full-time experience in public relations and/or journalism. S/he should understand basic public relations tools and possess solid research, writing and editing skills. S/he must be able to develop relationships with media.
· Proficiency with basic public relations tools and usage
· Demonstrated competency in written, verbal, and analytical skills
· Knack for proactively developing relationships with media and reporters
· Possess ability to relate easily to diverse individuals and groups
· Prioritize and coordinate multiple projects, assignments, and deadlines
· Able to act independently, exercise good judgment/decision-making to provide solutions
· Accustomed to fast pace, ever-changing work environment
Discretion, tact and ability to function as part of a team. Flexibility in work schedule required to accommodate occasional evening or weekend meetings and periodic travel. Articulate, creative self-starter; detailed-oriented; professional with sensitivity to organizational protocols.
Silver Spring, Maryland; 2 blocks from Metro