The National Capital Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) is one of the most established professional and career development networks for PR pros in the country.
Our nation’s capital provides for a diverse and exceptional collection of public relations and public affairs professionals – from associations and non-profits to global corporations, and everything in between. PRSA-NCC’s membership reflects this diversity.
As the largest chapter of the national PRSA organization, our membership of over 1,000 represents nearly every practice area and professional and academic setting within the public relations field.
PRSA-NCC Members Enjoy Numerous Benefits
Our industry moves quickly and is constantly evolving. Whether you’re looking for an intensive study, professional mentorship or a quick educational refresh, PRSA-NCC offers insightful and immersive professional development opportunities that will help you keep up with the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Professional development – "How-to" events and access to past educational presentations
- Jobline – An invaluable database for job seekers and employers
- Mentoring – Unique support program that matches seasoned professionals with new practitioners
- Accreditation Preparation – Successful preparation courses for the APR credential
Networking and Engagement
We’re your built-in brain trust.
PRSA-NCC events and engagement opportunities ensure you’re always cultivating a growing and active network of public relations professionals with whom to share ideas, gain insights and solicit advice – no matter what the topic.
- Committees and Leadership – Opportunities to get involved, meet peers and build skills
- Public Service – Pro bono opportunities that meet real needs and provide real experience
- Thoth Awards – High-profile recognition of outstanding accomplishments and contributions
Resources and Tools
Avoid reinventing the wheel by tapping into our wide range of public relations tools and resources – all available at your fingertips. From crisis communications to theoretical applications, our vast cache of professionals, educational programs, crowd-sourced ideas and time-saving tools are sure to provide you everything you need to get the job done.
- PRSA-NCC Insider – Monthly email newsletter on the people, events, and programs of the chapter
- Webinars – Instruction and discussion on practical PR topics
- PRQuickstart – Web training for new professionals
For more information on membership, contact:
Kristin Gregory, email@example.com, Membership Co-Chair
Jenna Gregory, firstname.lastname@example.org, Membership Co-Chair