We are seeking a high-energy, detail-oriented media relations manager to oversee client projects from start to finish and participate in and lead teams of media representatives to secure earned media coverage for clients. News Generation is the leading broadcast media relations firm and is a certified woman-owned small business. The team specializes in securing earned media coverage on radio and TV for issue-based organizations.
- Oversee workflow: Leading and being part of a productive team and ensure project completion
- Project management: Managing radio media tours (RMTs), audio news releases (ANRs), public service announcements (PSAs), and satellite media tours (SMTs) – including but not limited to drafting scripts/pitches; booking interviews; managing interview booking process; moderating RMTs; communicating with client throughout; producing thorough and accurate reports for client; all while leading the team through the entire process and working to achieve goals set for each project
- Lead by example: Actively engaging in working on projects and pitching reporters yourself
- Strategic member of management: Engaging in forward-thinking conversations and activities geared toward the future direction of the company
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Applying for Media Relations Manager” in the subject line.
- Good communicator and approachable: Must be a good listener who is easy to talk to, recognizes the potential of each team member and works to bring out the best in him/her
- Respectful: Respects everyone in the communication chain, including client, reporters, producers, and team members
- Strong work ethic: Taking pride in his/her work, showing dedication and trustworthiness
- Forward thinker: Not only looks at today’s projects but is always looking at ways to make things better
- Positive thinker: Rolls up his/her sleeves and takes on tasks with fortitude. Has a “can-do” attitude that translates into a secure, confident work environment
- Proactive: Sees smaller problems and solves them independently before they become big issues
- Detail oriented: Can focus on important details that make us stand out in the industry and pay attention to details consistently and predictably
- Strong time management: Can prioritize and work on multiple projects efficiently; can meet time sensitive deadlines; and maintain a high level of quality on each project
- Experience in project management and media relations
- Must be available to work full-time in our downtown Bethesda, MD office