GreenSmith Public Affairs (www.greensmithpr.com) is a nearly 20-year young boutique agency and has a strong global client base in environment and energy, technology (health IT, biotech) and education. We work at the intersection of national media and public policy moving our clients’ legislative agendas forward while establishing strong media presence. GreenSmith has won the PRSA Silver Anvil, Ragan PR Daily CSR Award and the IABC Gold Quill primarily for Op-Ed and Editorial Work.
GreenSmith Public Affairs is a strategic communications and public relations firm in Fairfax, Virginia. We are seeking a talented self-starter to join our team.
An Account Coordinator (AC) will be fully engaged in all aspects of our work–from media relations and pitching, to press conferences and Capitol Hill visits. As an AC, you will help our clients communicate with the public and their stakeholders by working alongside our team of experienced PR professionals. You will be responsible for creating and managing content that supports GreenSmith’s public relations efforts. This is a full-time, entry-level position with opportunity to grow and develop within the company and enhance your professional skills in the PR/PA industry.
The successful candidate will:
- Aid in managing various account production and deliverables
- Develop written content such as: case studies, press releases, media advisories, and blogs
- Assist in planning and managing client-related and GreenSmith materials
- Manage materials for press outreach and media reporting
- Work closely with Sr. Account Executive and leadership to manage and execute client deliverables
Assist the team with day-to-day administrative and operational duties as assigned
- Previous internship experience in a related field
- College degree in Communications/ Public Relations, Journalism, English or other related fields
- Strong writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Creative and critical-thinking skills
- Microsoft Office skills (Adobe InDesign and Video-editing skills preferred)
Unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, diversity and trust
4000 Legato Road
Fairfax, VA 22033
GreenSmith is seeking a uniquely talented Account Coordinator with strong communications skills. Are you interested in a rewarding career in PR and public affairs work? Submit your cover letter, resume and sample writing portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org