Diversity & Inclusion Statement
PRSA-NCC is committed to recognizing and celebrating all individual characteristics that make each of us who we are, both as people and as professionals. We welcome and encourage distinct contributions, perspectives, skills, experiences, and abilities to advance the PR profession. We believe our commitment will build a more inclusive chapter, representative of our diverse members, prospective members, and society overall. Respecting and appreciating diversity not only makes us better communicators but also better individuals.
What We Do
The Diversity/Multicultural Committee fosters the philosophy of inclusion and advances the notion that the communications field is infinitely stronger and more effective when it reflects the broad diversity inherent in American life. We are a multicultural society; we must become a multicultural profession and a multicultural professional association.
Who We Are Looking For
We welcome new committee members who want to:
- Educate the community about the importance of diversity
- Organize education events for DC-area professionals
- Make PRSA more inclusive and welcoming
- Reach out to industry professionals of diverse racial backgrounds, ethnicities and sexual orientations
Benefits of Committee Membership
- Help to educate the Washington, D.C. area community about diversity and multicultural issues.
- Promote the ethical practice of public relations.
- Gain knowledge about diversity and multicultural issues in the community.
How to Join the Committee
Contact the committee leader:
Leah McConnell, email@example.com