With a 609-licensed-bed hospital, 1100 physicians and 4500 employees, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is one of the largest healthcare delivery networks in the Washington, D.C., area. We offer some of the most sophisticated treatments and technologies available, as well as the expertise of nationally respected physicians. We have an excellent opportunity for a Director of Media Relations to join our team.
- Directs all media relations activities on behalf of MedStar Georgetown University Hospital.
- Designs media and social media strategies and develops media products (press releases, letters to the editor, opinion editorials, scripts, press conferences, press briefings, etc.) to maximize media exposure of MGUH clinical services and staff.
- Builds solid working relationships with media representatives and is proactive in initiating media contacts and events.
- Assumes responsibility for all media-related functions in the department in the absence of the Vice President, Public Affairs and Marketing.
- Competitive compensation and generous benefits
- Superb educational opportunities plus tuition assistance
- Wellness programs
Free shuttle from Metro stations
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Associates live by Our Common Purpose: We Create Caring Moments in the Spirit of Cura Personalis – Care for the Whole Person. Our Quality Standards of Safety, Compassion, Professionalism, and Coordinated Care set the priorities for consistent decision making applicable to everyone in every situation.
- Knowledge of public affairs, communications and media relations as would normally be acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree in journalism or communications.
- A Master's degree in a related field is preferred.
- A minimum of five years of journalism or media relations experience, two of which are in health care or a research-related environment.
- Some experience working with the business press is preferred.
- Must possess outstanding news judgment and understanding of healthcare and clinical issues.
- Ability to think and plan strategically relative to media activities.
- Job requires a high level of problem solving due to the complexity of the situations encountered.
- Internal contacts with senior executives and physicians to effectively advise, consult or counsel others to gain cooperation and acceptance of ideas, actions and program initiatives.
- Work assignments are generally received in the form of broad goals for area(s) of responsibility and require considerable judgment regarding the interpretation of policies, development of procedures, and selection of appropriate courses of action.
Arlington, Virginia, United States, 22201
Located in Washington, D.C., MedStar Georgetown University Hospital offers an exciting lifestyle to complement a satisfying career. The D.C. metro area is famous for its education and cultural venues in theater, music, museums, art galleries, and restaurants. Employees live in D.C., Maryland or Virginia, affording great choices in lifestyle just Metro stops away from the hospital.
For more information and to Express Your Interest in less than 60 seconds, please visit http://www.medstargeorgetown.jobs/jobs/185411
Equal opportunity employer.