Families USA, a national voice for health care consumers dedicated to the achievement of high-quality, affordable health care for all, is seeking a Digital Media Associate to help execute a variety of coordinated strategies designed to help the organization reach its communications, branding, and media goals. The Digital Media Associate will report directly to the Senior Director of Communications.
The Digital Media Associate will help manage each of Families USA’s Communications Department digital properties in service of the Communications department’s editorial, external communications, media, and storytelling goals.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY: The Digital Media Associate will be an integral part of the organization’s communications program responsible for the strategy, coordination, and execution of Families USA’s website, micro-websites, and social media accounts. The Digital Media Associate reports to the Senior Director of Communications and collaborates with members of the Communications team to execute Families USA’s digital communication goals as identified in integrated communications plans for various Families USA program and to support the organization’s integrated communications strategy. The Digital Media Associate upholds consistent, clear, established message points and design standards across Families USA’s digital platforms, including www.familiesusa.org and its Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram properties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all of Families USA’s social media accounts including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram. Create, curate, and manage digital content including articles, photos, videos, and infographics. It is expected that 70 percent of this position’s time will be devoted to social media activities
- Serve as website manager for the Families USA website and microsites ensuring content is refreshed frequently
- Employ analytics tools such as Facebook Insights, Twitter, Google, and Instagram Analytics and other applicable tools to produce monthly traffic and engagement report for website and social media; evaluate and refine content strategy based on analytics and make recommendations to the Senior Director of Communications for future social media activities
- Produce short videos about our properties and residents to deepen and expand Families USA’s brand as the voice for health care consumers, and manage the hosting account for Families USA videos
- Assist the Senior Director with E-blasts and other communications created in CRM platforms and act as primary manager of the Communications contact database, which includes frequent data scrubbing, list segmentation, and creative strategies for growing the contact list
- Assist the Senior Director of Communications and Senior Manager of Communications to execute Families USA’s strategic media relations program by researching journalists and thought leaders using Families USA media database and then engaging influencers on social media
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Director
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or Digital Media
- 2-3 years professional experience post-graduation
- Experience with a website platform - Drupal and WordPress a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook), Adobe Photoshop, and a design program such as Adobe InDesign
- Experience in shooting video and video editing software is a plus
To apply, submit a cover letter and résumé online via the link below. The salary range will be $40,000. Families USA offers a generous benefits package including excellent health insurance, life and long-term disability insurance benefits and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules. Families USA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified veterans and diverse candidates are encouraged to apply. No phone calls, please.