Position Title: Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Director, Communications & Marketing
FLSA Status: Exempt
This position is responsible for the implementation of communications and advocacy programs, developing content for social media platforms, copy for digital and print publication and supporting media relations activities. The Communications Coordinator is also responsible for the project management coordination of the communications team, and tactical support for department-wide projects and events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serve as editor, coordinate and write content for member and stakeholder newsletters (On Our Radar, GiveaCrop and Member Alerts).
- Manage, curate and design social media content on Instagram, Instagram Story and LinkedIn, and work with Communications Manager on developing editorial calendar.
- Edit a variety of materials including fact sheets, advisories and audiovisual presentations.
- Create, update and coordinate educational quiz platform.
- Identify and submit supporting documentation for applicable association/communication award programs.
- Prepare effective advocacy materials including background papers, issue briefs, talking points, amendments, correspondence, testimony, public comments, and grass roots materials for use by CropLife representatives and allied organizations.
- Manage Phone2Action digital advocacy platform and develop promotional materials, grow advocate opt-ins and deploy “text message” campaigns.
- Support CLA in writing, designing and editing program materials for CLA hosted events.
- Act as spokesperson to promote communications efforts in front of members, allied organizations and other ag, food or science industry stakeholders.
- Assist in public outreach campaign strategies and script editing for POPagriculture podcast.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Experience with Adobe Suite.
- Strong attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Must have the proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills.
Education, Work Experience and/or Licensure
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, English, Marketing or related degree.
- 4+ years of experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with agricultural industry preferred.
- Must have strong command of the English language.
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his/her job. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, stand, travel up and down stairs, crouch, stoop and reach.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
The work environment characteristics listed here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position requires considerable concentration and creativity. It is subject to stress caused by a changing environment, tight deadlines and workload.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position requires attendance in the office during business hours.
- Travel required for this position is negligible.
**Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1156 15th St NW
Washington, DC 20002