Al-Monitor is looking for a talented Communications Manager to join our growing team. This is an exciting role, and the successful candidate will work hand-in-hand with global business, editorial and technical team members and be responsible for executing media relations and social media strategies that complement our award-winning coverage of the politics, people and the culture across the Middle East.
Al-Monitor’s mission is to foster a deeper understanding between the Middle East and the international community by featuring analysis, articles, and video from some of the most trusted, independent contributors from across the globe.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a highly motivated Social Media Manager who can collaborate with teams to manage all social media.
- Help create and implement the organization’s social media and content strategy.
- Work with social media contributors and editorial teams across the company to create, maintain and manage social marketing.
- Work with our head of video to emphasize video content and create video-sharing strategy across all social platforms
- Coordinate and properly schedule posts and outreach to influencers.
- Identify new social trends and emerging platforms, comprehension of competitive landscape and digital best practices.
- Determine the best tools and platforms to achieve goals.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Demonstrated management of social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, with a proven track record of audience growth, engagement and conversions.
- Demonstrated understanding of social media analytics.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including social media copy writing and proof reading.
- Experience with online marketing, social analytics tools, and PR tools.
- Detail-oriented and the ability to be organized while multi-tasking.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to communicate project status effectively to all levels.
- Good interpersonal skills; effective team player.
- Knowledge or experience with the Middle East.
- Media Industry experience preferred.
Downtown, Washington, DC. Oranange Line Metro
Qualified candidates should send CV or resume, include links to recent work and cover letter to email@example.com with “Social Media Manager” in the subject line.