Dedicated to helping students develop an understanding of applied knowledge and skills in public relations, the University Relations Committee supports public relations education at local PRSSA (Public Relations Student Society of America) chapters at American University, George Mason University, Hood College, Howard University, and the University of Maryland. Committee members help students realize their professional goals and aspirations through PRSA involvement and affiliations.
What We Do
Help facilitate student participation in chapter professional development events, encourage the local chapters to collaborate on development and networking events, and organize activities that allow students to better understand the profession.
Who We Are Looking For
We welcome new committee members who want to:
- Act as liaisons with local PRSSA chapters
- Help facilitate student participation in chapter professional development events
- Serve as mentors to student chapter leaders and members
- Organize student career fairs and other events
- Contribute to the University Relations newsletter
Committee responsibilities require two in-person meetings per year and a monthly conference call. In addition, committee members are encouraged to maintain regular communication with their designated PRSSA chapters and work with students on projects and activities. In return for their hard work, University Relations Committee members find fulfillment in assisting college students as they grow in knowledge and start their PR careers.
Benefits of Committee Membership
- Build skills in mentoring
- Contribute to public relations education in the Washington, D.C. area
- Work with enthusiastic young public relations professionals in-the-making
How to Join the Committee
Contact our committee chairs: