The Alliance for Consumer Education (ACE) is a non-profit organization with a mission to educate consumers about the correct use, storage and disposal of household and commercial products. Its core programs include consumer care and health and wellbeing. ACE is currently seeking a communications intern to create program materials, draft internal and external communications, manage social media, engage with the public and participate in daily operations.
For more information about ACE, please visit www.consumered.org.
ACE is currently seeking one intern for summer 2019. This is a paid position. Interns will work a 30-hour week from Monday-Thursday. Please contact Allie Hayes at email@example.com to apply.
- Work closely with ACE staff to implement a professionally tailored digital plan, including a newsletter, blog posts and social media
- Work closely with the in-house communications team to track coverage of relevant issues in the media for communications opportunities, including press releases, blog posts and social media
- Track and report social media analytics
- Develop activities and additional outreach materials for presentations in schools, conferences and events
- Draft content for website articles about consumer care and health and well being
- Current college student
- Major in Communications, Marketing, English or a related subject
- Self-motivated and able to complete tasks with little supervision
- Ability to work independently and think creatively to expand on ideas and projects
- Strong research, writing and communication skills
- Experience working with Microsoft Office
1667 K St. NW, Suite 300, Washington, D.C. 20006
To apply, please send your resume and a writing sample to Allie Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org.